UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor ismailci
Visitor

Generic Bitstream for Partial Regions

Hi all,

I am using ZC702 Zynq board. I work with partial reconfiguration. With multiple regions, I generate multiple bitstreams. Is there a way to change partial bitstream's implementation region?

For example, I created 2 partial regions. I left one of them empty. Can I change non-empty region's partial bitstream so that it can work on other region? 

When I tried to open bitstreams with Notepad, it does not work. I thought changing some offsets in bitstreams but bitstreams cannot be edited.

Is there a feature of Vivado that can let me generate generic partial bitstream or generate partial bitstreams impelemented in every region usign one design file?

Thanks,

İsmail

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Generic Bitstream for Partial Regions

Hello @ismailci 

I believe note from UG909 : Page 120 provided below will provide you necessary details:

Partial reconfiguration bitstream.jpg

Please also check AR#63419; and UG909 (Page 122 ~125) for detailed understanding of bistreams used for partial reconfiguration.

Regards,
Bhushan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos