Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

HDMI 2.0 implementation on Artix-7

Jump to solution

Hi,

I want to use HDMI 2.0 (Rx only) on my Artix-7 board, and I saw the IP is available now.

https://www.xilinx.com/products/intellectual-property/hdmi.html

With this IP, it seems that I can connect HDMI connector to Artix I/O directly. (It's proven for KC705 + TB-FMCH-HDMI4K)

http://solutions.inrevium.com/products/fmc/hpc/index.html

But I can't find any reference schematic design or guidance for the connection, please advise where I can find it.

Thanks a lot!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Advisor
Advisor

Check out the schematic for the Digilent Zybo. It's a Zynq-based board, but the FPGA fabric is Artix (all the low-end Zynqs are Artix-based) and the HDMI connector goes to the FPGA directly (no ADV7511 in the middle). There's also a decent amount of community support for that board, so you should be able to find useful design examples - Digilent provides one HDMI Source example.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Yes, HDMI does support Artix-7 devices.

However there is no reference design for Artix-7 publicly available nor schematics. The schematics should be similar to the one for the kintex-7. However you would have to follow the HDMI specifications to design your board to meet the HDMI standard.

Thanks,
Anirudh

PS: Please MARK this as an answer in case it helped resolve your query.Give kudos in case the post guided you to a solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer
Hi Anirudh,

I checked the schematic of Kintex-7 evaluation board KC705, there is a HDMI interface on board, but it uses HDMI transmitter ADV7511. (While I need HDMI Sink and I don't want the transmitter. I want connect HDMI connector to Artix-7 directly with HDMI 2.0 IP run inside FPGA)

I saw there is a proven solution, FMC card (TB-FMCH-HDMI4K) + KC705. HDMI connector (Rx) is connected to FMC socket directly on FMC card. This the circuit I want to refer. Is this public info? Anyway that I can get the schematic?

Thanks,
Huang
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor
Advisor

Check out the schematic for the Digilent Zybo. It's a Zynq-based board, but the FPGA fabric is Artix (all the low-end Zynqs are Artix-based) and the HDMI connector goes to the FPGA directly (no ADV7511 in the middle). There's also a decent amount of community support for that board, so you should be able to find useful design examples - Digilent provides one HDMI Source example.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
Sure, I understand that the KC705 board has the TX, that too the controller is in the external chip.

The TB-FMCH-HDMI4K is by inrevium and hence you need to get the schematics from them and Xilinx does not provide these schematics. And this schematics would be the best reference for you to input the HDMI RX using the Xilinx HDMI IP.
Thanks,
Anirudh

PS: Please MARK this as an answer in case it helped resolve your query.Give kudos in case the post guided you to a solution.
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Hi, i do have the same problem, so i'm working on the Artix7 board and in my design i need to have a vga controller on it, so when i look in the board  i found just the HDMI, my question is would it be the same? and even if want to use it i didn't find the HDMI controller in vivado IPs!!

thanks for replying

0 Kudos