Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

High speed serial interface

Hello

I am trying to communicate between two FPGAs. What are the possible high speed serial or parallel interfaces that can be use to realize the same.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted

Re: High speed serial interface

hi mummy@papa3 ,

I believe and assume your using the Spartan 6 FPGA , which consists of GTP transceivers. which  are used in Ultra-fast data transmission between ICs, over the backplane, or over longer distances is becoming increasingly popular and important. It requires specialized dedicated on-chip circuitry and differential I/O capable of coping with the signal integrity issues at these high data rates.

All Spartan-6 LXT devices have 2–8 gigabit transceiver circuits. Each GTP transceiver is a combined transmitter and receiver capable of operating at data rates up to 3.2 Gb/s. The transmitter and receiver are independent circuits that use separate PLLs to multiply the reference frequency input by certain programmable numbers between 2 and 25, to become
the bit-serial data clock. Each GTP transceiver has a large number of user-definable features and parameters. All of these
can be defined during device configuration, and many can also be modified during operation. 

Regards
Chandra sekhar
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if solution provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted

hi mummy@papa3 ,

can you please let us know your inputs with respect the pervious post .

Regards
Chandra sekhar
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if solution provided is helpful.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Thanks Sir

I am planning to use 2 SoCs having Ultrascale fabric. What is the circuitry and the high speed interface required to achieve in communication between these devices.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

hello mummy@papa3 ,

what is the protocol you planned to use in-between 2soc for the interface

Regards
Chandra sekhar

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Voyager
Voyager

mummy@papa3 

I would recommend looking at using the Aurora IP to handle the transfer of data from one FPGA to another.  Here is a link to the user guide:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/aurora_64b66b/v12_0/pg074-aurora-64b66b.pdf

Ted Booth | Tech. Lead FPGA Design Engineer | DesignLinx Solutions
https://www.designlinxhs.com