UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor poelslager
Visitor

How do you program the ELF to flash? - VC707 Vivado 2017.1

Jump to solution

Vivado 2017.1 w/ SDK

VC707 Evaluation Kit

I am using the Base Microblaze example project, and the 'Hello World' template without any major modifications.

The mt28gu01gaax1e-bpi-x16 is added as a configurable memory.

I am having two problems:

1.  I can't program the FPGA or flash from Vivado, only the SDK's 'Program FPGA' button will work.  Vivado 'thinks' that the programming completes without error, but it doesn't seem to work. Attempting to use the MCS or BIN file to configure the flash from Vivado results in  the following error:

boost::filesystem::system_complete: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect: " "

2.  The SDK's 'Program Flash' button doesn't work, even though it takes a while and completes without error.

Can somebody give me a rundown of what steps I need to complete to program the flash to start up with the code from the SDK?

Thanks,

Pete

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor poelslager
Visitor

Re: How do you program the ELF to flash? - VC707 Vivado 2017.1

Jump to solution
I got it working. Please delete this thread.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Visitor poelslager
Visitor

Jump to solution
Quick edit: Vivado will program the .bit file, but not a .bin file. Even though I removed the .elf from sources and regenerated the bitstream, the code from the SDK is still there. I still can't program the flash.
0 Kudos
Visitor poelslager
Visitor

Jump to solution
And the last thing I can think to add: Generating an MCS from the bitfile results in the following error:

'[Writecfgmem 68-4] Bitstream at address 0x00000000 has size 20273436 bytes which cannot fit in memory of size 2097152 bytes.'
0 Kudos
Visitor poelslager
Visitor

Jump to solution
I got it working. Please delete this thread.
0 Kudos
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Jump to solution

@poelslagerWe don't usually delete the thread unless needed. You need to close this by marking your own post as accept as solution.

-Pratham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Participant mfryba
Participant

Jump to solution

Instead of just saying "I got it working..." it would have been useful to the rest of us to describe how you got it to work.

0 Kudos