cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
romme

How to comment a closed issue ?

I just read the thread

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Other-FPGA-Architecture/Virtex-6-FPGA-core-voltage-resistance/td-p/787549

And became a bit curious. Why would anyone risk measure the resistance between a Vdd/Vcc and GND, with either a 9V or main powered multi meter that might supply the VDD with in worst case several Volts. One might not fry the complete core, but there is a risk of some part would not like this. So when you wish to see for a short, you might damage the unit. And even if it is only a very small part, it would be hell of a task to figure out why it act funny.

Just some thoughts on a closed issue.

Sincerely

Klavs.

2 Replies

@romme 

Welcome to the Forum!  -and, thanks for your comments.  I agree with you!

On old threads (closed or not), it is fine to simply reply to any of the posts in the thread and add your comments.  You may not get an answer, but those who search through old threads for answers will see your comments in the proper context and appreciate them.

However, if you have questions about an old thread, then do as you have done here.  Start a new thread with a reference to the old thread and state your question.

Cheers,
Mark

sandrao
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @romme 

markg@prosensing.com has already covered this but I just wanted to mention that our Community Help has some recommendations that might be of interest.

sandrao_0-1611738720501.png

Thanks,

Sandy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal take a look at our

Versal Design Process Hub
and our

Versal Blogs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos