UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer morsergi
Observer

How to reset the Artix-7 when is blocked?

Jump to solution

Hello,

In the project we are using a Artix-7 and there are some cases that the program gets blocked. In order to reset the Xilinx, we disconnect usb and we connect again or we press the button PROG.

I have been seen that it is possible to reset it by using the signal PROGRAM_B. There are another method to reprogram or to do a rst without having to disconnect and connect the usb cable via Software? Like sending a tcl command...

Thanks in advance.

Sergi

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to reset the Artix-7 when is blocked?

Jump to solution

Hi @morsergi

Refer to the below link and the commands to close and reopen the target in JTAG mode:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/66954.html

Regards
Rohit
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @morsergi

Refer to the below link and the commands to close and reopen the target in JTAG mode:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/66954.html

Regards
Rohit
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos
Observer morsergi
Observer

Jump to solution

Finally I just did it with a boot_hw_device in order to reboot the board. 

and I have another question, is it possible to set the Port COM where you want to send the tcl commands? I mean, if I have 5 Xilinx connected in a PC and I want to send this scrip on a specific board.

Thanks in advance.

Sergi

0 Kudos