Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer
Observer

IO Buffers

Jump to solution

Hi,

May I know Xilinx recommendation on setting IO buffers?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar
Scholar

@dharpeer ,

There are many types of IO buffers inside the FPGA. Do you have anything specific in mind?

When you run synthesis, Vivado automatically inserts buffers wherever they should be.

Otherwise all Xilinx buffers can also be manually inserted in the RTL by instantiating the Xilinx buffer primitives. if you want to do this, make sure you know what you are doing. For e.g. for an IO port, you can manually inst the tri-state buffer.  But a global clock buffer will automatically be inserted by Vivado.

------------FPGA enthusiast------------
Consider giving "Kudos" if you like my answer. Please mark my post "Accept as solution" if my answer has solved your problem

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Teacher
Teacher

Setting Io buffers ?

The IO you use on your FPGA pin is defined by what your system specification is 

or have I miss understood ?

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
Scholar
Scholar

@dharpeer ,

There are many types of IO buffers inside the FPGA. Do you have anything specific in mind?

When you run synthesis, Vivado automatically inserts buffers wherever they should be.

Otherwise all Xilinx buffers can also be manually inserted in the RTL by instantiating the Xilinx buffer primitives. if you want to do this, make sure you know what you are doing. For e.g. for an IO port, you can manually inst the tri-state buffer.  But a global clock buffer will automatically be inserted by Vivado.

------------FPGA enthusiast------------
Consider giving "Kudos" if you like my answer. Please mark my post "Accept as solution" if my answer has solved your problem

View solution in original post