UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K7 problem of HR BANK LVDS signals selected

Jump to solution

Hello everyone:

I am using FPGA of K7 series , if I use LVDS signals in HR Bank of K7 , The VCCO of HR Bank must be setted  to 2.5V  .

if I set the Vcco to 3.3V , the board can work normally?

TKS!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: K7 problem of HR BANK LVDS signals selected

Jump to solution

Hi,

Inputs can be driven by a different VCCO, only when you are not enabling the internal DIFF_TERM.

It is acceptable to have LVDS inputs in HP I/O banks even if the VCCO level is not 1.8V.  LVDS outputs (and therefore bidirectional LVDS) can only be used in a bank powered at 1.8V.
Similarly, it is acceptable to have LVDS_25 inputs in HR I/O banks even if the VCCO level is not 2.5V.  LVDS_25 outputs (and therefore bidirectional LVDS_25) can only be used in a bank powered at 2.5V.

However, the following must be true:

1. The DIFF_TERM attribute must be FALSE - meaning, you will need to use an external differential termination resistor.
  2. Ensure that the VOD and VOCM levels of the driving device fall within the range of VIDIFF and VICM of the 7 series receiver, and that the VIN in Table 1 and 2 of the data sheet are not violated.

Thanks,
Anirudh

PS: Please MARK this as an answer in case it helped resolve your query.Give kudos in case the post guided you to a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Youre question is already discussed, please check below link and follow the suggetions

http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/7-Series-FPGAs/Artix-7-LVDS-Clock-Input-HR-Bank-with-VCCO-1-8V/td-p/435592

Regards,

Vanitha

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented
0 Kudos
Visitor xingxin
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi,

You can refer to the table 1-55 of the UG471, Table 1-55: VCCO and VREF Requirements for Each Supported I/O Standard

if the LVDS_25 is input without DIFF_TERM=TRUE the VCCO can be 3.3V, otherwise the VCCO must be 2.5V.

Ben
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Inputs can be driven by a different VCCO, only when you are not enabling the internal DIFF_TERM.

It is acceptable to have LVDS inputs in HP I/O banks even if the VCCO level is not 1.8V.  LVDS outputs (and therefore bidirectional LVDS) can only be used in a bank powered at 1.8V.
Similarly, it is acceptable to have LVDS_25 inputs in HR I/O banks even if the VCCO level is not 2.5V.  LVDS_25 outputs (and therefore bidirectional LVDS_25) can only be used in a bank powered at 2.5V.

However, the following must be true:

1. The DIFF_TERM attribute must be FALSE - meaning, you will need to use an external differential termination resistor.
  2. Ensure that the VOD and VOCM levels of the driving device fall within the range of VIDIFF and VICM of the 7 series receiver, and that the VIN in Table 1 and 2 of the data sheet are not violated.

Thanks,
Anirudh

PS: Please MARK this as an answer in case it helped resolve your query.Give kudos in case the post guided you to a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

If you use LVDS-25 output then we recommend to connect VCCO = 2.5V.

In case if LVDS-25 is input, then you can use VCCO = 3.3V banks . No problem. 

Please mark this post as an "Accept as solution" in case if it helped to resolve your query. So that it will help to other forum users to directly refer to the answer.

Give kudos to this post in case if you think the information is useful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution
TKS for your answer!
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution
Hello,
We are using a Xilinx 35T device, with Bank14 (powered at 2.5V) having a LVDS input clock.
The same constraints were made in the xdc file. However implementation throws the following error:
[Drc 23-20] Rule violation (BIVB-1) Bank IO standard Support - Bank 14 has incompatible IO(s) because: The LVDS I/O standard is not supported. Move the following ports or change their properties:
CLK_IN_PLL

In my understanding all banks support LVDS I/O standard. Please advise.
Thanks,
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

The HR bank uses the LVDS_25 IOSTANDARD not the LVDS IOSTANDARD.

------Have you tried typing your question into Google? If not you should before posting.
Too many results? Try adding site:www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution
Thanks mcgett!
0 Kudos