cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

KC705 SFP

I want to get a KC705 SFP ise project or a bit file.

i meet a question, when a use KC705 and ML505 to communicate using SFP ,the loopback test all passed, but when i connect two board together,it failed. 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: KC705 SFP

Hi

Can you elaborate what do you want exactly and how are you communicating when you are connecting KC705 and ML605.

How you are testing the loopback connection and how are driving the data,So that we can know what do you want and give

you some clues or inputs.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

One of the below is might be the possible resons

1. In loop back testing you might used PRBS patterns. There could some problem in encoding
  2. TXP and TXN differential traces are accidentally swapped on the PCB
  3. TX not connected to RX
  4. The line rates for the two board not matching
  5. We can not rule out some signal integrity problems

Please mark this post as an "Accept as solution" in case if it helped to resolve your query. So that it will help to other forum users to directly refer to the answer.

Give kudos to this post in case if you think the information is useful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Alternatively check with some SMA cable and see if the link works.

What SFP ise project are you looking for? Do you want that project to communicate with the External board.  However the SFP is just a cable which is used for high speed communication and i guess there is no special connections to it.

There is an IBERT test with the SFP loopback. You can use it to test the SFP on the KC705 board itself but not with the external boards. Check this link -  link for the instructions. 

Thanks,
Anirudh

PS: Please MARK this as an answer in case it helped resolve your query.Give kudos in case the post guided you to a solution.
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

First,thanks for your response!

I use temac IP core connect to 1000baseX IPcore in KC705, when i use a 1000BASE-TX SFP and a network cable,then connect to the PC, no communication established. Bus when using PCS/PMA loopback the tx into rx,it works.

So,I want you can give me a KC705_temac_to_1000basex ISE project. I wonder something maybe changed in GTX

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

i don't use IBERT.

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

I ask an another question, I want to use two KC705 to establish a PCIE system.Use one KC705 to be a RC,and another to be a EP. 

I make an additional board. it takes one KC705's TX to anothers RX pin, and use a 100M differntial clk to clock two kc705's pcie clk.

But when a program two bit file, the auto-negotiation failed.

what's the problem?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

can i get virtex-7 ibis-ami analysis

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Please create a separate thread. your query is not related to this topic.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos