UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer your_mr_fan
Observer

MiG 7 serise - I tried to config two controllers but failed in reading xdc file

Jump to solution

Hi guys,

I am using vivado2018.3. When I tried to run Generate MIG Bank A and B Example Design demo in doc xtp235, in Pin selection step, I failed in reading .xdc file, informed by the following DRC Validation msg:

ERROR: Location Constraint(s) is(are) not provided for certain ports even though they are required for selected configuration. Following are the ports missing in the provided Constraints file:ddr3_addr[15]

The point is that I could read the same .xdc file when I run Generate MIG Bank A Example Design demo.

In addition, the only difference between these two projects is the controller number. 

why?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Voyager
Voyager

Re: MiG 7 serise - I tried to config two controllers but failed in reading xdc file

Jump to solution

That tutorial was last verified against Vivado 15.1. It's not unheard-of for 'hiccups' to occur in old tutorials/examples/projects when trying them in newer versions of the tools.

CONGRATULATIONS! You found a bug!

It looks like MIG 4.2 cannot properly import pin information from a valid XDC file when it's trying to create 2 controllers in the same pass.

If you still want to continue with the tutorial, and since the tool will not import the pin configuration, your only option is to manually set each pin.

-Joe G.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Voyager
Voyager

Re: MiG 7 serise - I tried to config two controllers but failed in reading xdc file

Jump to solution

That tutorial was last verified against Vivado 15.1. It's not unheard-of for 'hiccups' to occur in old tutorials/examples/projects when trying them in newer versions of the tools.

CONGRATULATIONS! You found a bug!

It looks like MIG 4.2 cannot properly import pin information from a valid XDC file when it's trying to create 2 controllers in the same pass.

If you still want to continue with the tutorial, and since the tool will not import the pin configuration, your only option is to manually set each pin.

-Joe G.

0 Kudos
Observer your_mr_fan
Observer

Jump to solution
thank you very much!
0 Kudos