cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pcaddick
Explorer
Explorer
6,900 Views
Registered: ‎09-08-2014

MicroBlaze memory issues on Virtex7

Jump to solution

Hi 

I have created a very simple microblaze design. The only thing it has attached to it is a UART and a DDR3 MIG. I have exported this to the SDK and implemented the memory test template. So this design is about as simple as you can get. When I do so I get the error

 

microblaze_0_local_memory_ilmb_bram_if_cntlr_microblaze_0_local_memory_dlmb_bram_if_cntlr' overflowed by 1392 bytes

 

I have tried increasing the micro-blaze memory to a max and I've tried commenting out the software code. The error only goes away when I reduce the software program down to something completely useless (pretty much everything commented out). I can't believe that this the best I can do with the microblaze. I'm used to using the Zynq device where I've had no such problems.  Please advise as to how I can resolve this issue and please don't say "go back to the Zynq".

 

 

0 Kudos
Reply
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pcaddick
Explorer
Explorer
13,441 Views
Registered: ‎09-08-2014

fixed this myself. For some surprising reason the address map doesn't reflect the new larger memory. This I had to manually change. When I did so I no longer got the error. Odd this I would have expected to have been updated automatically. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Reply
1 Reply
pcaddick
Explorer
Explorer
13,442 Views
Registered: ‎09-08-2014

fixed this myself. For some surprising reason the address map doesn't reflect the new larger memory. This I had to manually change. When I did so I no longer got the error. Odd this I would have expected to have been updated automatically. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Reply