UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer sapan533
Observer

Number of frames in xc7vx485t fpga

Hi,

I am performing readback on xc7vx485t xilinx fpga. For this I need to know the following:

1. Total Configuration Frames

2. Words per Frame

3. Overhead Word Count(Pipeline Word Count)

I searched for documents but could not find this detail in any of the doc. 

Any help will be really very very helpful for me

Thanks

Sapan

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Scholar austin
Scholar

Re: Number of frames in xc7vx485t fpga

s,

We generally do not support this sort of detail.  We have developed the SEM IP to handle all readback/mitigation/configuration error management.

What are you trying to do?

Why?

In the past it was just too time consuming to deal with these sorts of questions.  Most of them come from academics and researchers, and we are happy to support them, but only to the extent that it doesn't become a huge time sink.  For that reason (and others) we recommend the use of the SEM IP core (fully documented, fullyu supported).

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose
0 Kudos
Observer sapan533
Observer

Hi Austin,

I need this information to extract design signal values from the readback file(.rbd). I was going through the document:

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp1230-configuration-readback-capture.pdf

To read the deisgn value from readback file, we need to find the line number using words per frame, configuration overead etc.

If there is any other simple way to perform the readback and extract design signal values, I would be happy to do it in that way.

I want to read the design signal values cycle by cycle by enabling disabling clocks at every cycle or eveyr few cycles. Is there any document which can help me with this? How do we enable/freeze clock every cycle?

% create_hw_bitstream -hw_device [current_hw_device] -mask fpga.msk fpga.bit

% verify_hw_devices [current_hw_device]

% readback_hw_device [current_hw_device] -readback_file <filename.rbd> -bin_file <filename.bin>

I just executed the above commands and it gace me the readback file. I was wondering if the execution of commands in sequence before readback capture is needed or not.

Rgds

Sapan

0 Kudos
Observer sapan533
Observer

@austin

I require this information just for readback purpose as mentioned in my earlier reply

Thanks

Sapan

0 Kudos
Scholar austin
Scholar

OK,

That is what you need.

Why?

Why is it you require the configuration memory image after each cycle.  The static bits will remain unchanged cycle to cycle.  The SRL, LUTRAM will change.

Note that the state of the DFF in the CLB is captured by the global state capture controls (either load the intial value, or write the current state to that init value configuraion bit).

The state of the DSP48 is not in the bitstream.

An incredible amount of effort to record hundreds of millions of bits that will be identical from cycle to cycle.

If this is proprietary (and you do not wish to discuss in the forums), then email me at austin@xilinx.com

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose
0 Kudos