UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor daniel_leu
Visitor

PCIe I/O assignment does not match datasheet

Jump to solution

I am using a xc7a100tfgg484 with a 4 lane PCIe interface (AXI memory mapped to PCIe core) with Vivado 2015.4.

This is the PCIe pin assignment out of Vivado:

PCIe pins

But this is the reversed order from what the datasheet says:

Pin   Pin Name                      Memory Byte Group  Bank  VCCAUX Group  Super Logic Region  I/O Type  No-Connect
A8    MGTPRXN0_216                  NA                 216   NA            NA                  GTP       NA
C9    MGTPRXN3_216                  NA                 216   NA            NA                  GTP       NA
A10   MGTPRXN2_216                  NA                 216   NA            NA                  GTP       NA
C11   MGTPRXN1_216                  NA                 216   NA            NA                  GTP       NA
Source: http://www.xilinx.com/support/packagefiles/a7packages/xc7a100tfgg484pkg.txt

I can reproduce this with the sample design extended to 4 PCIe lanes. Why does the PCIe pinout not match what the datasheet specifies? 

Thanks!

- Daniel

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: PCIe I/O assignment does not match datasheet

Jump to solution

They are two different things... One is the PCIe lane assignment - the other is [one of] the GTP coordinate systems

See PG054 (page 259 currently, v3.2) for the PCIe to transceiver XY coordinates

then see UG482 (page 247, v1.8) for the GTP mappings between XY, package ball, and index/tile number schemes...

It can be confusing until you understand these numbering schemes.

Cheers,

bt

2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

They are two different things... One is the PCIe lane assignment - the other is [one of] the GTP coordinate systems

See PG054 (page 259 currently, v3.2) for the PCIe to transceiver XY coordinates

then see UG482 (page 247, v1.8) for the GTP mappings between XY, package ball, and index/tile number schemes...

It can be confusing until you understand these numbering schemes.

Cheers,

bt

Highlighted
Visitor daniel_leu
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi BT,

Thank you for the quick reply and the explanation! 

So Lane 0 is on X0Y7 which uses MGTPRXN3_216. This means that 0..3 in MGTPRXN[0..3] do not match lanes 0..3. I guess there is a good reason for that ;-)  

Thanks,

Daniel

0 Kudos