Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arevhamb
Visitor
Visitor

PLL clock generation

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I'm trying to generate clock of frequencies 143MHz and 167MHz using user clock as an input for PLL. The input user clock frequency is 156.25MHz.

The PLL lock signal is showing that the PLL is locked, but when checking the clock signal on the FMC connector, I can see the frequency is not constant.

Does anybody know what can be the reason? I was able to successfully generate 100MHz, 133MHz and 200MHz clocks, but in case of 143MHz and 167MHz clocks, the clock frequency is not stable, while PLL is shown as locked.

Thanks,

Arevik

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
arevhamb
Visitor
Visitor

Hi Ashishd,

Thank you for your quick response. I have figured out it was issue of the logic analyzer, with which I was checking the clock. I have rechecked the clock generated with Oscilloscope, and it appears the frequency was correct. 

Thank you for your help.

Arevik

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
arevhamb
Visitor
Visitor

Forget to note that I'm using KC705 evaluation board.

0 Kudos
ashishd
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @arevhamb,

How much variation do you observe in output clock while generating 143 MHz and 167 MHz clocks?

I suspect the problem to occur because when I am selecting these numbers for input and output clocks in clocking wizard. I am not getting Actual frequencies to be same as those of Requested ones.

Please check this snapshot.

clocks.PNG

Is this same variation which you want to notify?

Regards,
Ashish
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ashishd
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @arevhamb,

Did it help to figure out root cause of issue?

Regards,
Ashish
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
0 Kudos
arevhamb
Visitor
Visitor

Hi Ashishd,

Thank you for your quick response. I have figured out it was issue of the logic analyzer, with which I was checking the clock. I have rechecked the clock generated with Oscilloscope, and it appears the frequency was correct. 

Thank you for your help.

Arevik

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
ashishd
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @arevhamb,

Good to know.

Close the thread in the interest of others by marking a post as solution.

Regards,
Ashish
0 Kudos