Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vanig
Visitor
Visitor

PROBLEM OPENING XMP277- 7 SERIES SCHEMATIC REVIEW RECCOMENDATIONS

Hi,

I am having problem while opening 7_Series_Schematic_Review_Recommendations.xls.When clicking on 'CREATE NEW CHCKLIST'  "compile error in hidden module:module4" dialog box is being displayed.Please help.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
gszakacs
Instructor
Instructor

I have the same problem with Excel 2003 and OpenOffice 4.  It's likely that this spreadsheet uses some functions introduced more recently by Microsoft.  This is one of the reasons I detest Microsoft Office.  It is incompatible with itself as well as with the rest of the world.

-- Gabor
0 Kudos
pontuss
Visitor
Visitor

I found this on Stack Overflow:

"

This is due some problem with references within VBA in your workbook.

In the VBA editor, go to 'Tools-> References'. There you would find a reference with 'MISSING:' in front. Uncheck that and your problem should be fixed.

If the missing reference was something like 'Visual Basic for Application' or 'Microsoft Office Object library, you should look for a reference that has no 'MISSING:' text and select this.

"

You find this in Tools>Macros>Visual Basic Editor

this opens a VBA editor, click on VBAProject(7_series ...), password: austin

Now do Tools>References and follow the advice above from stack overflow.

Apperantly the "Mid" funcrion was not found?!?

Now it works for me!

-- Pontus

gszakacs
Instructor
Instructor

That did the trick!  How did you get the password? Was that on Stack Overflow, too?

-- Gabor
0 Kudos
pontuss
Visitor
Visitor

No,

while debugging the problem I opened it in openoffice and could read the code in clear text,

it used "austin" to unprotect sheets etc. IIRC.

gszakacs
Instructor
Instructor

In that case Kudos to OpenOffice as well!  I guess this just shows how "secure" MS-Office protection is...

-- Gabor
0 Kudos
rikraf
Explorer
Explorer

Double kudos from me, thanks.  I added a resistor to PUDC as a result of going through that checklist, probably saving me a month of head-scratching.  Couldn't have done it without the password!

Rick

0 Kudos