UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

Per bit deskew max speed

I'm designing a system with a per-bit deskew receiver on HR IOs, along the lines of the ones described in XAPP1017 / XAPP585. It's basically a Zynq 7014S talking to a Spartan 7 over some differential pairs. As far as I know, you can't meaningfully time dynamic receivers or the corresponding transmitters with set_input_delay or set_output_delay so how do I know how fast it ought to work and what speed grade I need? I've seen the spreadsheet attached to XAPP585, is it basically OK as long as I have a valid window in that sheet? Doesn't speed grade come into it? I know there's a difference in max BUFIO frequency, but otherwise the spreadsheet is independent of speed grade. How does this all relate to the maximum DDR LVDS tx / rx speed quoted in the datasheet (950Mb/s for Artix -1) or XAPP585 PDF (1200Mb/s for Artix -1)?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Per bit deskew max speed

Hi @patstew

You are really bound by the clocking scheme and (at higher rates) to a certain extent the capability to implement a per bit deskew which the xapp should mange for you.

So if the speed grade impacts the fmax of the clocking then this impacts the performance you get.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos