UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Pin compatible

Jump to solution

Hi,

I designed a board with XC7K325T-FBG676, and I want to test it with XC7K325T-FFG676. 

I would like to know if the tow packages are pin compatible without any design changes.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Pin compatible

Jump to solution

@avrumw,

They are footprint compatible. The thing you need to know is that the FBG package provides sub-par PI/SI compared to FFG packages thus limiting performance rates. In addition to this FBG packages do not have dedicated VCCAUX_IO pins bonded out. This can be seen from the pinouts with no designation for the VCCAUX group. This limits DDR3 rates from achieving the highest possible due to the implementation needed a dedicated 2.0V VCCAUX_IO supply. 

fbg676comp.JPG

fbg676footcomp.JPG

Regards,

T

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
3 Replies

Jump to solution

Blingbling-eyes,

Yes, that's fine they are pin compatible. Really you should be looking at the Kintex-7 product table or 7-series product selection guide, as those answer your question. Infact going from FBG to FFG you gain additional performance window which was not there in FBG due to the package design. For example GTX line rate max is increased for FFG. There may be others. Review the data sheet as well as the user guides for the particular design implementation used.

kinGTZ7.JPG

Regards,

Tezz

0 Kudos
Historian
Historian

Jump to solution

I am not sure that they are pin compatible. There are different pin files for the two different packages FBG676

and FFG676.

These files are not identical - I don't know if the differences between them mean they are incompatible or not, but the fact that there are two files leads me to believe they may not be completely compatible...

Avrum

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@avrumw,

They are footprint compatible. The thing you need to know is that the FBG package provides sub-par PI/SI compared to FFG packages thus limiting performance rates. In addition to this FBG packages do not have dedicated VCCAUX_IO pins bonded out. This can be seen from the pinouts with no designation for the VCCAUX group. This limits DDR3 rates from achieving the highest possible due to the implementation needed a dedicated 2.0V VCCAUX_IO supply. 

fbg676comp.JPG

fbg676footcomp.JPG

Regards,

T