Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yamini78
Visitor
Visitor

Power Consumption in Artix-7

Hi,

We are planning to use TPS65023 PMIC in my FPGA board for power supply. We are not using LDOs of TPS65023 but 3 DC-DC outputs for 1.5V, 1.2V and 1.8V. We are using separate DC-DC converters to generate 1.0V for core (4A current capability) and 3.3V and 2.5V.

We are planning to power up all the supplies together and will not be following the power on sequence. Can you please let us know in this case if the higher power up current would be able to handled by DC-DC outputs of TPS65023?

Thanks,
4 Replies
tenzinc

We are planning to power up all the supplies together and will not be following the power on sequence. Can you please let us know in this case if the higher power up current would be able to handled by DC-DC outputs of TPS65023?

-Are you asking if the regulator can handle the power up current? I would think that would be something for you or the regulator vendor to discern. Add on to that if you are not following the recommended sequencing the power-on current could be even higher than quoted by the data sheet or XPE.  

Regards,

T

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

Get started FAST with our UltraFAST design methodoly guides and don't forget to visit our Xilinx Design Hubs for additional resources and reference.

If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

joe306
Scholar
Scholar

Hello, is there a Power Consumption spreadsheet available?

Thank you

0 Kudos
tenzinc

Yes! XPE is linked below: 

https://www.xilinx.com/products/technology/power/xpe.html

Regards,

T

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

Get started FAST with our UltraFAST design methodoly guides and don't forget to visit our Xilinx Design Hubs for additional resources and reference.

If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
joe306
Scholar
Scholar

Hello, thank you for responding. I keep getting:

Internal Server Error - Read

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Reference #3.e736d517.1626894523.5cd8bd1

I'll try from home tonight.

Joe

0 Kudos