cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Production JTAG programming of spi flash for a xc7a35t

We have a xc7a35T design that boots from spi flash. For development, we're programming the spi flash with Vivado by downloading an .mcs file (created using write_cfgmem) via JTAG. This all works.

Next, We'd like to do production programming using something like iMPACT. I wanted to use iMPACT rather than, say, Vivado in production thinking that it would be simpler for production personnel (It seems that Vivado doesn't discover or remember what configuration flash is connected and it would be risky for production personnel to select the specific Micron SPI flash each time).

The problem is that iMPACT doesn't work with the 35T although it does work with a larger xc7a200T like the one found on an AC701. 

How can I program a xc7a35T in production via JTAG? Is there a way to configure iMPACT to work with a 35T? Could Vivado be configured to 'remember' what configuration flash is connected?

-Jim

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found this thread - http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Design-Tools-Others/Can-t-generate-prom-files-for-Artix-7-75T/td-p/424238. It's a similar situation but for a xc7a75T. The thread implies that iMPACT doesn't support smaller devices and that Vivado might be required.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

HI, we are trying to boot XC7k160tFFG from SPI flash.we're programming the spi flash with Vivado 2014.4 by downloading an .mcs file (created using write_cfgmem) via JTAG. but am getting error : unable to read device properties and check for correct configuration part.

Let me know , how to solve this problem

0 Kudos