cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

QSPI Supply VoltAge on KC705 Board

Hu,

does anyone know why the QSPI FLASH device on the KC705 is supplied by a  seperate 2.8V power supply ?

Regards,

Richard.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Because it is required by the QSPI device that is used.

------Have you tried typing your question into Google? If not you should before posting.
Too many results? Try adding site:www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

The VCCIN range of QSPI flash on KC705 is 2.7-3.6 V.

Hence, that could be the reason for not choosing a 2.5 V or other supply source. But, I too don't know the reason why 3.3 V source was not used directly.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Professor
Professor

The SPI voltage needs to be compatible with Vcco of bank 0 and bank 14.  I'm not that familiar with the KC705 design, but on a board of my own I did exactly the same thing so I could use bank 14 at 2.5V for LVDS signals.  Thus my config voltage is 2.5 and ideally the SPI flash would also run at 2.5V, however most fast large SPI flash devices spec 2.7V minimum so I just run them at around 2.8V which is good enough to run fast and not high enough to turn on the clamp diodes on the 2.5V config banks of the K7.

-- Gabor
Highlighted

That explains it ....

Thanks Gabor.

Richard.

0 Kudos