Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

Regarding Multiboot Settings for fallback

Hi,

Hi,

In multiboot case, we have two images, one golden at 0x00000000, and multiboot image at 0x00400000, the settings we have given for the images are-

Golden Image-

golden.JPG

Multiboot Image-

update.JPG

1. Now, when we program the Flash at 0x00400000, with a successful(uncorrupted) multiboot image, it is configured immediately, and succesfully , even on power off and on too.

2. And when we program it with a corrupted update(multiboot) image at 0x00400000, then it falls back to the intial image, also successfully, and even on poewr off and power on too.

3.But say, while programming the Flash with an update image, if it is interrupted by a power cycle(power is switched off in between while programming the flash), then it should fallback to the golden image, right? But this doesn't happen. Pl. guide us, where we could be going wrong.  Thanks.

Regards,

Surya

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Could also please share the below things

1) Log file information including status register details? 

2) Device parts details of FPGA and Flash

Please mark this post as an "Accept as solution" in case if it helped to resolve your query. So that it will help to other forum users to directly refer to the answer.

Give kudos to this post in case if you think the information is useful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Hi,

This is for KC705 REV 1.1 board. And which log file are you talkng about, could you be a little more specific? Thanks.

Regards,

Surya

0 Kudos

enable the watchdog timer, check the respective fpga configuration guide for more details on watchdog timer.

--Krishna

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Hi,

Like you have mentioned, I have enabled the watchdog timer, and set TIMER_CFG_MON to be 1, and TIMER_USR_MON to be 0, i.e., 0x40000000, as the watchdog timer value as overall, in the bitstream. But still, it remains the same, i.e., while programming the flash, if power is cut off in between, it doesn't configure the golden image. Pl. guide me further. Thanks.

Regards,

Surya

0 Kudos