UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spartan 6 EVA Board and GPX2 TDC interface

Hello guys,

I have built a TDC circuit using the GPX2 TDC chip. Now I want to control it using Spartan 6 to perform TDC operation using differential signals. I have bought a Xilinx FMC debug card to connect the TDC to the FPGA, Now I am stuck in figuring out what pins I have to connect from the TDC to FPGA (FMC Card). Can some one please help!

TDC Datasheet: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiIm6PF-4nXAhWk3YMKHROCDvQQFggoMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fams.com%2Fger%2Fcontent%2Fdownload%2F951531%2F2270299%2Ffile%2FTDC-GPX2_DS000473_1-00.pdf&usg=AOvVaw3242Ql8e...

6 Replies

Re: Spartan 6 EVA Board and GPX2 TDC interface

Hi @darshanvenkat,

can  you share the block diagram which your planning to implement, which bank your interfacing  let us know bank details for which you want to share .

thanks

S.chandra sekhar  

Regards
Chandra sekhar
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if solution provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos

Hi @csattar,

Thanks for replying, I am trying to connect the FRAME (LVDS) PINS on the TDC to the LVDS pins on the FPGS's FMC

TDC Diagram is attached. Can you let me the what are the LVDS pins on the Spartan 6 EVA605 board to connect the FRAME1 N and FRAME1 P?

TDC BLOCK.jpg
0 Kudos

HI @darshanvenkat.

thanks for the update . can you once check with which bank your interface this Card and can you  let us know the bank , also check that s that supports the LVDS . How did you bulid the XDC constraint for this frame pins I see in the data sheet there are connected to serializer then you can use the LVDS and once check the XAPP1064 (v1.2) November 19, 2013 Source-Synchronous Serialization and Deserialization (up to 1050 Mb/s) .

Thanks and regards,

S.chandra sekhar

SR Product Application Engineer , WTS , Xilinx

Regards
Chandra sekhar
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if solution provided is helpful.

Highlighted

Hi @csattar This is how I am doing the constraints:

are they good to go?

PINS.jpg
0 Kudos

hib @darshanvenkat

My dear friend please specify the bank number and fpga part number your using .

Regards
Chandra sekhar

0 Kudos

Hi @darshanvenkat,

I have some qiestions about TDC_GPX2 want to ask you!I uesing the TDC_GPX2,I can write the register and raed the data from the register through the SPI interface, the data read and wite is same,but i can not receice the result from the "Fram e & SDO" interface,Coule you helping me ?

0 Kudos