cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
railcannon
Observer
Observer

There are some Power Consumption differences between VCCO 1.8 and VCCO 2.5?

Jump to solution

I designed series 7 FPGA and Flash memory Configuration circuits with Vcco 2.5 on BANK 0, 14, 15 

If I change Vcco 2.5 to 1.8 of BANK 0, 14, 15  with 3 Vcc 1.8 Vio Flash  (such as S25FL256SAGBHIA03)

Would It be an irrelevant work for reduce some power consumption?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gnarahar

@railcannon  Yeah, you wouldn't really save much by just changing the VCCO for the single SPI interface. 

You need to look at other power saving options if you are looking to save power. Whats your power budget and how much are you over by? 

From your post, seems you already have the board in house. Is that case? If not, do you have the design and did you do Report Power In Vivado?

- Giri
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
gnarahar

@railcannon  Yeah, you wouldn't really save much by just changing the VCCO for the single SPI interface. 

You need to look at other power saving options if you are looking to save power. Whats your power budget and how much are you over by? 

From your post, seems you already have the board in house. Is that case? If not, do you have the design and did you do Report Power In Vivado?

- Giri
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
railcannon
Observer
Observer

Thank you. Now, I'm working with XPE xilinx Power Estimation Excel Files. I think it helps me a lot 

0 Kudos