Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brechat
Contributor
Contributor

VC707 BPI Flash Access using AXI EMC

Jump to solution

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to access a BPI Flash memory from a Kintex 7 FPGA (this is the memory where bitstream is stored). The driver keeps stucking on Init and I want to be sure that the problem is not coming from timing. The memory part number is PC28F256P30BFE from Micron (datasheet attached)

I've simulated the output of EMC block and I notice something strange: normally, for a write operation, CE should go low, then WE, and after the write operation, WE goes high and THEN CE goes high. On the simulation I see that CE goes high BEFORE WE. Is this right? 

This is the simulation results:

Timing.jpg

and this is the IP timing configuration

Ip_config.JPG

Thanks for your help!

Mariano

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pratham
Scholar
Scholar

@brechat I would rather suggest you check the design's behavior using ILAs. If you have copied timings from the datasheet then probably it is right.

-Pratham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
pratham
Scholar
Scholar

@brechat I would rather suggest you check the design's behavior using ILAs. If you have copied timings from the datasheet then probably it is right.

-Pratham

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
brechat
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks @pratham. I will try with the ILA

Mariano

0 Kudos