Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Vitrex-7 series GTX transceiver configuration on vivado design suite

Hi,

I am new to FPGA. I am configuring  xc7vx485tffg1761-3 trnaceivers on vivado design suite.

After configuration the automatic verilog code (test bench and exedes) generated by the vivado tool has a signal called "data_out_i" and "error_count_i" , According to document (pg168, page number139) track_data_out_i should turn to state(logic) "1" and "error_count_i" should remain "0" than it is considered as a test configuration is passed or else it is failed. But the problem I am facing is after some amount of time "track_data_out_i" signal is changing its state to "x" (don't care) and all error_count signals too.

* I am transmitting and receiving signals on same transceiver. And then I did same thing with different combinations like transmitting from one transceiver and receiving at the other transceiver.

Please could anyone provide me a suggestion or soultion to this problem.

Thank you,

Shashank.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @shashankupb

Can you attach your xci file here to check on this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi

Generally you will see unknown states in simulation when there are multiple drivers.

Check for these in your modified 2 transceiver design.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted

This looks like a test bench related issue if you have updated it to use two instances of example design top module.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @pulim

Here I have attached xci file.

I would like to know know also, why should I need to do post sythesis and post implementation simulation, what is the main difference between these simulations? I went through asking google it says post implementation timing simulation is the nearest emulation why is it so? because I am getting this error in post implementation timing simulation. And also what is the significance of their functional simulations?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Please do not deviate the discussion in the current thread. You may ask this question through a different thread.

Have you checked any issues present with your testbench?

Whether the simulation work fine with example design from GT wizard?
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
0 Kudos