Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krispixu
Visitor
Visitor

Vulnerability analysis on FPGA code

Jump to solution

Has anyone found tools either from Xillinx or other vendors that analyze FPGA code for vulnerabilities? I tried checking with Eclypsium so far and they are more well versed with intel tools. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
richardhead
Scholar
Scholar

This will have nothing to do with Xilinx tools. You will need a CAN analyser of some sort. I have no experience with CAN.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
richardhead
Scholar
Scholar

what kind of vulnrabilities. An FPGA is just a pile of logic so in itself is not vulnrable to anything. It does not run the software that would usally be the problem. The only thing that might be vulnrable is bitstream encryption, which many people dont use.

If its for a specific interface, it would really depend on what logic the user had added to the FPGA.

So please can you expand on the context?

krispixu
Visitor
Visitor

Our interface will be CAN bus and will be taking in commands from another computer to set control registers in the FPGA. The vulnerability analysis is mainly to understand whether our FPGA code will react poorly to commands other than what is expected. We need an analysis tool that will output a report to show our code cannot be compromised and will not react poorly to commands that are incorrectly sent.

0 Kudos
richardhead
Scholar
Scholar

This will have nothing to do with Xilinx tools. You will need a CAN analyser of some sort. I have no experience with CAN.

View solution in original post

krispixu
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks for trying to help!

0 Kudos