cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shruthi_07
Observer
Observer

Where to look for Speed and Area after running Behavioral Simulation?

Jump to solution

Hello all,

I ran my Verilog module, and was looking into TCL Console for Speed and Area measurement for my design. 

I found that "launch_simulation: Time (s):...." results were not a constant value for each run.

If this is not the place to look for Speech and Area determination, where should I look for them?

Please help.

Thank you.

Shruthi Sampathkumar.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
balkris
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
Behavioral simulation only guide for functional correctness . To get areas and speed/timing information . You need to synthesis and implement the design .

Check the synthesis and implementation reports for details

This guide may help you
http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2016_2/ug888-vivado-design-flows-overview-tutorial.pdf
Hope it will help you
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
balkris
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
Behavioral simulation only guide for functional correctness . To get areas and speed/timing information . You need to synthesis and implement the design .

Check the synthesis and implementation reports for details

This guide may help you
http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2016_2/ug888-vivado-design-flows-overview-tutorial.pdf
Hope it will help you
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos