Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
derickshi
Adventurer
Adventurer

Write bin file into configuration flash with microprocessor

Jump to solution

Hi guys,

We are trying to write the generated bin file into the configuration flash and let FPGA boot from it. I'm using the BPIx16 mode. In UG470 it says that the start part of the bin file should look like this:ug470.PNG

bin file generated by vivado GUI(I've checked the BPIx16 mode box. looks same as UG470):vivado.PNG

bin file generated by the tcl command below(looks like it's been bit-swapped and endian-swapped):

write_cfgmem -force -format bin -loadbit "up 0x0 led_top.bit" -file led_top.bin -size 128 -interface BPIx16

tcl.PNG

bin file generated by impact tool with 'bit-swap off’option(looks like it's been endian-swapped but not bit-swapped):impact_swap_off.PNG

So my quesition is: which bin file should I use? Is there any other important things that should be paid attention to when writing the bin file into the flash?

FPGA: xc7vx485tffg1927-2 

Flash: Spansion S29GL01GP-16

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
derickshi
Adventurer
Adventurer

the problem has been solved.

I used the bin file that generated by impact which has the sequence "00 00 00 DD" and it worked.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
pratham
Scholar
Scholar

@derickshi Check this AR

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/35686.html

Some BPI devices require endian-swapping to be enabled when programming the PROM file. Refer to the flash vendor's documentation.

-Pratham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
derickshi
Adventurer
Adventurer
@pratham but none of my bin file's sync word is "55 99 AA 66" which is 'bit swapped' from "AA 99 55 66". My bin files are 'byte swapped ' from "55 99 AA 66" not 'bit-swapped'.
0 Kudos
derickshi
Adventurer
Adventurer

the problem has been solved.

I used the bin file that generated by impact which has the sequence "00 00 00 DD" and it worked.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos