UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer himanshu28
Observer

XADC constraints and I/O

Jump to solution

I am using XADC in DRP mode and Vp-Vn channels for taking input. While doing the I/O planning the Vp-Vn ports take the value L10 and K9.

The question is where do I connect my wires so that I can supply input to XADC as I cant find any ports with these numbers. Will connnecting my wires to JA XADC header help because thet have different port numbers (eg. N15-N16).

Please help with the above issue.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: XADC constraints and I/O

Jump to solution

Hi @himanshu28

Use Vaux[6], Vaux[7], Vaux[14] or Vaux[15]. These have the connection to XADC_PMODCapture3.PNG

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply, Give kudos and accept as solution

--------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply if you have any queries, give kudos and accept as solution
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @himanshu28

As I can see there is no electrical connection from dedicate Vp_0 and Vn_0 pins to the XADC PMOD connector.Capture.PNG

I believe your objective here is to monitor the external analog inputs, then you can use the auxiliary inputs which have electrical connection to XADC PMOD i.e below inputs

Capture1.PNG

Capture3.PNG

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply if you have any queries, Give Kudos and accept as solution

0 Kudos
Observer himanshu28
Observer

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply.

But I have same problem with the auxilary pins as they take a package value that is different from the PMOD port values.

Here I have used vaux[0] pins for taking input and they take the values B20 and C20 in the package pin which are HDMI pins.

xadc4.JPG
xadc5.JPG
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @himanshu28

Use Vaux[6], Vaux[7], Vaux[14] or Vaux[15]. These have the connection to XADC_PMODCapture3.PNG

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply, Give kudos and accept as solution

--------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Observer himanshu28
Observer

Jump to solution

Thank you very much. Using the vaux[14] pins solved the issue.

But I have a doubt regarding other pins. If they are not electrically connected to the PS bank then how can they be used .

For example the vaux[2] pins were connected to b20 and c20 pins on bank 35 which are mentioned as HDMI ports. What are the use of these (apart from vaux 6,7,14,15) pins in XADC?

0 Kudos