UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor hbaumann
Visitor

XADC predifined Package Pins ?

Jump to solution

Hi

I included an XADC-Core into my design and want to assign the external ports (vn_in, vp_in) to a specific Package Pin.

My Problem is that i cant choose those Package Pins in the "I/O Ports"-view for the vn_in/vp_in -ports.

It seems like they are in some sort predefined because Vivado only offers me only one Package Pin to chose from.

For vn_in i can only choose Package Pin "L10" or "<Unplace>".

P.S. there are plenty of free Package Pins left.

What I am doing wrong, what I am missing, which circumstances can lead to this ?

Thanks 

Heiko

xadc_pin.png
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar drjohnsmith
Scholar

Re: XADC predifined Package Pins ?

Jump to solution

yep

the analog pins are special 

and are only on certain pins ,

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @hbaumann

Vp_0 and VN_0 are dedicated differential analog input pair and User do not have control to choose the package pins. Package pins are fixed for this input.

Capture.PNG

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply if you have any queries, Give Kudos and Accepts as Solution

'-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply if you have any queries, give kudos and accept as solution
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visitor hbaumann
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi @pthakare

Thanks for the quick answer !

Does this also apply for the "vaux"-ports ? 

I have the same problem with them. For example I can only chose between "B20" or "<Unplace>" for port "vauxn0". 

This applies for all the XADC-ports you can see in my screenshot. The selected Package Pins there are the only ones I can choose.

Thanks

Heiko

0 Kudos
Scholar drjohnsmith
Scholar

Jump to solution

yep

the analog pins are special 

and are only on certain pins ,

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
Visitor hbaumann
Visitor

Jump to solution

Ok thanks for the quick help @pthakare and @drjohnsmith

0 Kudos