UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor mhanuel
Visitor

Zynq-700 LVDS camera interface question

Hello, 

I need to interface a camera IC interface from TI that outputs LVDS signal, the device is

sn65lvds315, here is a block diagram

sn65lvds315.png

Can somehow comment in general the steps I might need to do, I understand I need to deserialize the LVDS data as first step.

I have read that there is a way to capture the frame flags  but that might only apply to ADC data which is 14 or 16 bit, since this is a stream, I might need to transfer everything using DMA to DDR memory, but maybe is possible I can place some logic to compare the SOF and EOF values that the transceiver output and generate an interrupt to inform the processor. ?

Will appreciate if someone can point me in the right direction.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Zynq-700 LVDS camera interface question

Did you take a look at xapp585 this shows 7:1 deserialisation? It will show you how we do per bit deskew and frame alignment?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar watari
Scholar

Re: Zynq-700 LVDS camera interface question

Hi @mhanuel

As @klumsde already mentioned before, I suggest to refer xapp585 and xapp1315.

You can understand how to resolve your request.

xapp585 (for 7 series and zynq 7 series)

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp585-lvds-source-synch-serdes-clock-multiplication.pdf

xapp1315 (ultra scale and ultra scale +)

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp1315-lvds-source-synch-serdes-clock-multiplication.pdf

Also, if you want to transfer the stream video data to DRAM, I suggest to use the following IPs.

- Video-in to AXI4Stream

- Video Timing Generator

- VDMA

- AXI4Stream to Video-out (if necessary)

If you have another question, would you post new thread on "Video" section ?

Best regards,