Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

Zynq 7000 Reading die temperature with an external sensor

hi,

I want to read the die temperature from dxn&dxp pins using an external sensor device.

I couldn't find any reference for the zynq 7000 supported sensors.

1. which sensors can i use? (i there is any document please attach it)

2. can i use MAX1617 for this?

3. is the temperature diode always available through the Dxn, Dxp pins even if the FPGA is un-powered ?

4. does the XADC use the same diode for internal temp sensing, or does it use a separate diode? 

thanks

ofer 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi ofer293@gmail.com 

Did you come across: https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/5738.html ? This answer record provides few Temperature Sensors which can be interfaced with temperature-sensing diode through the DXP (Anode) and DXN (Cathode) pins.

Yes, you can use MAX1617. 

Temperature-sensing diode at DXP and DXN pins are always available.

The VCU129 fan control circuit uses Maxim MAX6643 fan controller U56 to autonomously monitor the FPGA die temperature pins DXP and DXN. Please check XTP566 - VCU129 Schematics (v2.0): (Page 3, 49, 53) for more details.

DXP/DXN has a separate temp sensor diode on FPGA, while XADC has a different temperature sensor diode.

Xilinx recommends using XADC for FPGA junction temperature measurement for better results.

Regards,
Bhushan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos