cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

customisation of MIG 7

HI  I'm Lalith  , I need to interface QDR2+ to Virtex 7 , but while creating MIG core ,im not finding my memory part in MIG core option .

so I selected nearest part and in custom part option , but in custom part there is no option to change/set a setup and hold time of core .

Please tell me complete steps for ,how to create custom part for QDR2+ with different timing parameters ,   

Thank you 

Lalith

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: customisation of MIG 7

@lalithkumar

You have to choose the base part that matches all the timing parameters with your actual part. Underlying timing parameters are based on read latency I beleive 2 or 2.5

QDRII+ SRAM custom part wizard allows only address width option to have differnet densities and nothing more.

Hope this helps

-Vanitha 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Thank you for replying,

@vsrunga

Yes i have selected part in custom part option but only setup and hold time are miss matches by 0.1 ns(core is fastter than my physical part)

thats why i asked is there any chance (RTL) of changing Setup and hold time of core. if it there please tell me to do it.

or This 0.1 ns is make any conflicts when physical qdr2+ interfaced. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

@vsrunga

sorry its not 0.1 ns its 10 ns.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

@lalithkumar

Check if rea dlatency value of your part matches with the base part. If yes you can go ahead 

You can run the core at lower frequencies and test in HW to see if it really has any issues. Provided timing is met and enough margin exists 0.1 ns should not be a problem

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

@vsrunga

Yes my physical part is also has 2.5 read latancy , (i should operate memory at 500>= Mhz)

but Setup and hold time are differ by 10 ns than core part, wat to do now .

please help me will it create timing issue. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

@lalithkumar

Can you share your QDRII+SRAM actual part and base part details and their datasheet links?

0 Kudos