UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

dds dithering

Jump to solution

hi ,as iam including a psuedo random sequence generator ,in the dds code ,i took a function of dither and wrote a codeo prn sequence of 18 bits.but iam getting the errors as shown 

errors.PNG
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Participant mwerner2000
Participant

Re: dds dithering

Jump to solution

Dear farhathsuj,

you could use a procedure instead of a function and pass the clk and the reset as arguments. As far as I know, you can't use signals in a function. But I usually try to avoid functions all together, cuz using them removes a lot of control over the synthesis process (like e.g. inserting pipeline registers etc.). Except ofc for generating LUT tables or the like, which is something the compiler does during elaboration.

The best way would be to use a process, cuz all ur function does is implementing a shift register.

Best regards,

Martin

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Participant mwerner2000
Participant

Re: dds dithering

Jump to solution

Dear farhathsuj,

you could use a procedure instead of a function and pass the clk and the reset as arguments. As far as I know, you can't use signals in a function. But I usually try to avoid functions all together, cuz using them removes a lot of control over the synthesis process (like e.g. inserting pipeline registers etc.). Except ofc for generating LUT tables or the like, which is something the compiler does during elaboration.

The best way would be to use a process, cuz all ur function does is implementing a shift register.

Best regards,

Martin

View solution in original post