UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor asmatia
Visitor

drive clock out from FPGA

Jump to solution

I have LVDS input clock connected to my FPGA (regular IO LVDS input). I also have LVDS output pins connected to external connector. I want to drive the input LVDS clock to the connector. what is the best method of "shorting" the input to the output without adding too much jitter?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: drive clock out from FPGA

Jump to solution

Hi @asmatia 

I believe your objective here is only to forward the clock  .Use below chain of primitives

IBUFDS -> BUFG -> MMCM -> ODDR -> OBUFDS.

ODDR is to  keeps the duty cycle and provides the best possible path[Assign Logic '1'  to D1 and  Logic '0' to D2. [This way, the output of the ODDR will generate a high at posedge of the clock and a low at negedge of the clock]

If you are using 7 series device , Please refer to the 7 series FPGA Libraries Guide for description and instantiation of these primitives

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2017_4/ug953-vivado-7series-libraries.pdf 

For ultrascale device , refer UG974 [UltraScale Architecture Libraries Guide]

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2017_4/ug974-vivado-ultrascale-libraries.pdf

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please reply if you have any queries , Give Kudos and Accept as Solution if you get the resolution of your queries.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply if you have any queries, give kudos and accept as solution
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @asmatia 

I believe your objective here is only to forward the clock  .Use below chain of primitives

IBUFDS -> BUFG -> MMCM -> ODDR -> OBUFDS.

ODDR is to  keeps the duty cycle and provides the best possible path[Assign Logic '1'  to D1 and  Logic '0' to D2. [This way, the output of the ODDR will generate a high at posedge of the clock and a low at negedge of the clock]

If you are using 7 series device , Please refer to the 7 series FPGA Libraries Guide for description and instantiation of these primitives

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2017_4/ug953-vivado-7series-libraries.pdf 

For ultrascale device , refer UG974 [UltraScale Architecture Libraries Guide]

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2017_4/ug974-vivado-ultrascale-libraries.pdf

Please reply if you have any queries , Give Kudos and Accept as Solution if you get the resolution of your queries.

Reply if you have any queries, give kudos and accept as solution
0 Kudos
Visitor asmatia
Visitor

Jump to solution

thanks!! very helpfull!!

0 Kudos