UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

fixed phase difefrence capture from ad9467 adcs after every on/off

Jump to solution

I’dd like to ask community for advice.
In our system we have kintex7 fpga. We have 16 ad9467 adc whitch I have to capture synchronously from them. In clearly, I want the phase difference of them be fixed after every on/off. For example, imagine the phase difference between adc1 and adc2 is 50 degree, when I plug off the board and then on, I expect the phase difference between adc1 and adc2 be same (50 degree). But I sometimes observe the phase difference shifted one or two clock. What can I do?
My sampling clock is 240 MHz and I attached the component that I use for capturing from adc.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: fixed phase difefrence capture from ad9467 adcs after every on/off

Jump to solution
Hi Keith
I say 2 adcs are sampling 2 sinusoids, whitch the captured sample of secound one has a phase shift of 90 degree with the other. When i turn off the board and then turn on, I observe that the captured sample of secound one has a phase shift of 180 degree from the other one. Actually phase difference between them shifted 90 degree. Do understand me?
Thes phenoma is happen randomly, this mean i see this shifting in phase observed after some turn off and then on the board and in some other this ins't seen. I capture it with a 240mhz clock. And it is captured on both edges, DDR. I use parallel iddr for capturing adc data and dont use isedes. Can u help me?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Jump to solution
I can't quite picture it.
Say for instance the 2 ADCs are sampling 2 sinusoids that are 50 degrees out of phase.
Then the data is sent to the FPGA and you capture it with a 240mhz clock? Is it captured on both edges, DDR? Does the ADC send a frame clock?
What are you doing to align the data?
Do you make sure that the reset of the iserdes is de-assertrd Synchronously?

Keith
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution
Hi Keith
I say 2 adcs are sampling 2 sinusoids, whitch the captured sample of secound one has a phase shift of 90 degree with the other. When i turn off the board and then turn on, I observe that the captured sample of secound one has a phase shift of 180 degree from the other one. Actually phase difference between them shifted 90 degree. Do understand me?
Thes phenoma is happen randomly, this mean i see this shifting in phase observed after some turn off and then on the board and in some other this ins't seen. I capture it with a 240mhz clock. And it is captured on both edges, DDR. I use parallel iddr for capturing adc data and dont use isedes. Can u help me?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos