UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

help on spartan 6 communication with cypress fx2 ( CY7C68013A)

Hello,

I am working with Spartan 6 xc6slx9 which is having communication with CY7C68013A. I am using slave FIFO  interface of CYPRESS  chip to communicate between host and FPGA, also i am providing external clock to USB  chip from FPGA.

The basic idea of USB chip is ,when it have a new data it will send flag to FPGA and then FPGA should assert appropriate signal to receive the data and then deassert the same signal. My problem is , i am unable to send data in bulk. If i do, my terminal gets hanged ( after some time and data is wrong). If i am sending single byte then also after some time terminal gets hanged. I have added extra delay, then also problem is there.

I have attached some part of my code down here.

So what can be issue here.

Thank you!

--

Regards,

Avinash C

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: help on spartan 6 communication with cypress fx2 ( CY7C68013A)

Is this a timing or alignment problem, have you simulated the design to verify it behaves as expected?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Re: help on spartan 6 communication with cypress fx2 ( CY7C68013A)

I think this is a timing problem. As i am getting signals from CYPRESS and i am asserting or deasserting sig. as procedure requires, i cannot check on waveform(isim).

What can be done here?

0 Kudos