UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor cangyisu
Visitor

pmod voltage

Jump to solution

Hi, I use a Nexys 7A FPGA board and feel concerned about the 12-pin pmod ports (see image):

1. What is the voltage value Pin1-4 and Pin 7-10 will provide? I get a voltage range 3.3V on oscilloscope but there is a DC offset (i.e. it's not 0~3.3V but something -2.2~1.1V)

2. I try to measure pin 6 and 12 (Vcc) and find that they don't provide 3.3V. Can you explain why?

Thank you!

9.JPG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar u4223374
Scholar

Re: pmod voltage

Jump to solution

@cangyisu Where are you connecting the oscilloscope ground clip?

Voltage is relative. You should see 3.3V between pin 5 and pin 6 (or between pin 11 and pin 12). If you're just measuring from a floating ground to the VCC pin, then you'll get a more-or-less random value.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Hi @cangyisu 

As this is a Digilent product you may get more useful responses on the Digilent Forum : https://forum.digilentinc.com/

Sandy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Scholar u4223374
Scholar

Jump to solution

@cangyisu Where are you connecting the oscilloscope ground clip?

Voltage is relative. You should see 3.3V between pin 5 and pin 6 (or between pin 11 and pin 12). If you're just measuring from a floating ground to the VCC pin, then you'll get a more-or-less random value.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos