UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant rica.soles
Participant

spartan6 atlys

Hi! I need to help.

I'm working with ATLYS board - spartan 6 in ISE DESIGN, but that software run in virtualbox. My problem is with USB cable, when I connect ATLYS board the virtualbox not recognise that board.

usb1.png

thanks!!

regards

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Re: spartan6 atlys

I've not tried this myself, but when using Virtual Box, make sure you install the Guest Partitions for the best results.

Also in the settings for your machine, you should have options to configure the USB or the COM ports. Confirm that they are being correctly added to your VB machine, so it has access to whatever cable you are plugging in.

Also make sure you install the USB cable drivers as well on the machine. Inside the install directory should be a copy of the drivers you can run. This is after you are sure you can see the Cables from the VB.

Also Cable Drivers in Linux where always a long standing pain point. I might browse the forums for suggestions on getting the cable drivers properly installed under linux as well.

0 Kudos
Participant rica.soles
Participant

Re: spartan6 atlys

Thank for you help.

I tried install drivers and other thing but nathing, is the same result. I talk with my partners and they say wich VB is the bad idea with respect to using it. In this moment i´m working directly with ubuntu and i forgot to use virtual box. Is very easy and quick.

On the other hand, for others readers, my advice is work directly with ubuntu becouse my board ATLYS spartan 6 the digilent, it has many problems with virtual box with respect to jtag and usb connection.

Regards!!!

0 Kudos