cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

transmit clock as data

Hi all. I have 4 adcs . I sampled with 100 MHZ clock. I want to do some process of ADC data on a board and after that transmit datas and clocks to another board and do some others process on them. Can I use SFP module to transmit them? in other word how can I transmit clock as data without using IO pinout. please help me.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Hi @saxilix123

Is any FPGA GPIO pin is connected to SFP module?  If Yes then you can transmit/forward the clock to the other board .

the clock path in this case is 

Clock you want to forward to the downstream device  ->  ODDR  (connect output to the GPIO pin)

ODDR is to  keeps the duty cycle and provides the best possible path[Assign Logic '1'  to D1 and  Logic '0' to D2. [This way, the output of the ODDR will generate a high at posedge of the clock and a low at negedge of the clock]

Please refer to the 7 series FPGA Libraries Guide for description and instantiation of these primitives

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2018_2/ug953-vivado-7series-libraries.pdf

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply if you have any queries, Give Kudos and Accepts as Solution

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply if you have any queries, give kudos and accept as solution
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hi pthakare
SFP is connected to GTX PIN. At now I constract a packet that taransmite and recieve data with 10G rate in sfp module. I want to transmit data and it's clock without any additional pin. IS there any convinient way for this problem?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

I'm waiting for any help

0 Kudos