UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer saxilix123
Observer

transmit clock as data

Hi all. I have 4 adcs . I sampled with 100 MHZ clock. I want to do some process of ADC data on a board and after that transmit datas and clocks to another board and do some others process on them. Can I use SFP module to transmit them? in other word how can I transmit clock as data without using IO pinout. please help me.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: transmit clock as data

Hi @saxilix123

Is any FPGA GPIO pin is connected to SFP module?  If Yes then you can transmit/forward the clock to the other board .

the clock path in this case is 

Clock you want to forward to the downstream device  ->  ODDR  (connect output to the GPIO pin)

ODDR is to  keeps the duty cycle and provides the best possible path[Assign Logic '1'  to D1 and  Logic '0' to D2. [This way, the output of the ODDR will generate a high at posedge of the clock and a low at negedge of the clock]

Please refer to the 7 series FPGA Libraries Guide for description and instantiation of these primitives

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2018_2/ug953-vivado-7series-libraries.pdf

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply if you have any queries, Give Kudos and Accepts as Solution

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply if you have any queries, give kudos and accept as solution
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer saxilix123
Observer

Hi pthakare
SFP is connected to GTX PIN. At now I constract a packet that taransmite and recieve data with 10G rate in sfp module. I want to transmit data and it's clock without any additional pin. IS there any convinient way for this problem?
0 Kudos
Observer saxilix123
Observer

I'm waiting for any help

0 Kudos