UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie gangukabeta

Advice for starting FPGA design for power supply control

Hi guys,

I work in the power converter field. At the title say, I'm interested in the application of FPGA for the control part of power supply.

My background is electrical engineering, with very little digital electronics knowledge.

So my questions are:

how much digital electronics is needed in order to get confortable with fpga?
which board is suitable to experiment at home some projects?
any good resources/books/courses to advice? (would be great if the material tackles power supply control and supervision)
thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Scholar u4223374
Scholar

Re: Advice for starting FPGA design for power supply control

@gangukabeta

Digital electronics experience - none to start off with, but you're certainly going to learn a bit as you work with FPGAs. Most FPGA books will give you a decent introduction.

Boards - depending on your budget and requirements, I'd probably just get a simple Zynq board from Digilent. The Cora Z7 looks pretty nice, and it's very cheap. It's got two PMOD headers and an Arduino-style stacking connector which should allow for easy connection of many off-the-shelf or custom-built modules.