UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie len@work

Cypress Flash instead of Spansion

Jump to solution

My Artix-7 design works, but the flash memory on my Digilent board is a Micron N25Q032A13EF440F, which is now obsolete.  According to Vivado (2017.1) the only flash memories allowed are Micron or Spansion.  As an example, the Spansion S25FL128SAGNFI00 is a legal alternative.  But Spansion merged with Cypress so the S25FL128SAGNFI00 is now a Cypress part.  Will Vivado recognize (and allow) the Cypress S25FL128SAGNFI00?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Newbie len@work

Re: Cypress Flash instead of Spansion

Jump to solution

According to Cypress:

"Cypress has not changed any of the Spansion flash part numbers or devices IDs. You will be able to use our flash devices without any issues with Vivado tool."

So I guess it's okay.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi len@work

Yes, this part is supported.

Please refer to page 319 of https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2017_1/ug908-vivado-programming-debugging.pdf for list of supported flash devices.

Thanks,Vijay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
Capture.PNG
0 Kudos
Newbie len@work

Jump to solution

Thank you for the reply.

For clarification, will that part work even though it is now supplied by Cypress (instead of Spansion)?

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

For clarification, will that part work even though it is now supplied by Cypress (instead of Spansion)?

I do not see a reason why it wouldn't work since I believe the only change would be the labeling of the part as Cypress than Spansion.

Having said that, it is always a safe bet for you to check with Cypress to make sure they haven't changed anything on that part. Will be surprised if they did. 

- Giri
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's no such thing as a stupid question. Feel free to ask but do a quick search to make sure it ain't already answered.
Keep conversing, give Kudos and Accept Solution when you get one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Newbie len@work

Jump to solution

According to Cypress:

"Cypress has not changed any of the Spansion flash part numbers or devices IDs. You will be able to use our flash devices without any issues with Vivado tool."

So I guess it's okay.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Cypress changed the devices IDs.

The new version of the S25FL064P seems not supported in VIVADO 2017.2.

But ISE supports these device if i set the XIL_IMPACT_SKIPIDCODECHECK to 1 (http://www.cypress.com/knowledge-base-article/using-cypress-s25fl-l-spi-flash-xilinx-7-series-fpgas-kba219685)

Any ideas how to use the cypress flash in VIVADO?

0 Kudos