UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer dkartis2
Observer

DQS Signal for general I/O

Jump to solution

I'm using an Artix-7 and I want to make sure that a DQS I/O pin can be used for outputting data. I know the IO_ means the pin can be used for outputting data, but DQS signals are listed as inputs. I want to make sure that a pin with the following label can still be an output.

IO_L15P_T2_DQS_34

Thank you

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Historian
Historian

Re: DQS Signal for general I/O

Jump to solution

This pin (like many others) is a dual purpose pin. The IO_L5P means that it can be used as any single ended I/O (input, output or I/O), or the P side of any differntial I/O along with IO_L5N (again, input, output or I/O). If the pins in this portion of the bank are being used as a DDRx byte lane, then this would be the pin where the DQS is placed. Since, in your case, you are not implementing a DDRx interface, the DQS part of the name is irrelevent.

Avrum

1 Reply
Historian
Historian

Re: DQS Signal for general I/O

Jump to solution

This pin (like many others) is a dual purpose pin. The IO_L5P means that it can be used as any single ended I/O (input, output or I/O), or the P side of any differntial I/O along with IO_L5N (again, input, output or I/O). If the pins in this portion of the bank are being used as a DDRx byte lane, then this would be the pin where the DQS is placed. Since, in your case, you are not implementing a DDRx interface, the DQS part of the name is irrelevent.

Avrum