UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor nymphaeae
Visitor

How to boot an application that was stored on DDR from flash memory

Hi. 

I want to know how to solve the following problem.

Board: VC707

Goal: Boot application(hello world) that was copied from flash memory by bootloader on DDR3 SDRAM.

Problem: SREC Bootloader should be working properly. However, Hello World application does not run…

The following sentence is information sent by UART serial.

-> SREC Bootloader

-> Loading SREC image from flash @ address: 60500000

-> Bootloader: Processed (0x)000001d4 S-records

-> Executing program starting at address: 00000000

System:MicroBlaze, AXI_EMC, AXI_UARTLITE, MIG_7_SERIES

• I created SREC Bootloader application from SDK template.
  • I also created Hello World application from SDK template.
  • SREC Bootloader App links to BRAM of microblaze by “Generate linker script”.
  • Hello World App links to DDR3 SDRAM by “Generate linker script”.
  • FLASH_IMAGE_BASEADDR (XPAR_EMC_0_S_AXI_MEM0_BASEADDR + 0x00500000) in bloconfig.h
  • The download.bit including bootloader on BRAM of microblaze was generated by “Program FPGA”.
  • I programed Hello World App using “Program Flash”. (offset=0x00500000, and I checked “Convert ELF to bootloadable SREC format and program”, “Blank check after erase”, “Verify after flash”).
  • I programed SREC Bootloaer App using “Program Flash”. (offset=0x0, and I checked “Blank check after erase”, “Verify after flash”).

Are there any hints or advice?

0 Kudos