UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

IBUFGDS is removed from vivado tool, why?

IBUFGDS is removed from vivado tool why? then what is the replacement for this?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: IBUFGDS is removed from vivado tool, why?

@subashrajam

Can you please elaborate more . what do you mean by removed my vivado tools

Check this guide for usage

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/user_guides/ug471_7Series_SelectIO.pdf

Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
tt.png
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @subashrajam

You should use IBUFDS instead.

Check this thread for similar discussion https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Implementation/IBUFGDS-gt-IBUFDS-Unisim-Transformation/td-p/509743

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
Contributor
Contributor

I am referring xapp524 reference design where IBUFGDS is used in the VHDL code in the place of the differential clock pair. But I want Verilog code. So I am rewriting the VHDL code into Verilog code the meantime I searched in the tool template tab where it is not found. This is my problem. So what to do?

0 Kudos

Subashrajam,

Why not just use the regular IBUFDS as it is used in the XAPP524 diagrams for the design clocking structure? Just make sure the rest of the design in local. Or if you have to have the clock be global just append a BUFG to the IBUFDS. Vivado infers IBUFGDS and IBUFDS as the same to reduce complexity. To make the signal a global clock is to use a BUFG on the input clock line. 

Regards,

T

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos

As @vemulad points out. 

IBUFGDS is a construct that implies a direct connection from the Clock Capable pin to the clocking network. 

Perhaps it was needed in the past to guide the tools but the DRC capabilities in Vivado are able to determine valid clock capable pins. 

In this case you can just use an IBUFDS and lock it to a clock capable IO and this will work. 

Keith 

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor xlx
Visitor

use IBUFDS + BUFG

0 Kudos