UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer rickwebb38
Observer

Kintex-7 XC7K160T-1FFG676I HP VCCO power pins

Jump to solution

For the above device, are the HP banks 32-34 VCCO power pins connected together internally for each bank?

We don't use these HP bank pins, but if we connect 1V8 to one pin of each bank, will this power all HP bank pins?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Kintex-7 XC7K160T-1FFG676I HP VCCO power pins

Jump to solution

Rickwebb38,

I understand that each bank has separate VCCO planes, but do the individual VCCO pins within a bank get connected together for that bank, or are the individual VCCO pins for each bank kept separate too?

-They are connected together. 

Is there a mapping document that explains what pins are powered from what power pin

-No, because see above answer. Also it's confidential. This is a reason why most if not all semiconductors provide IO models like IBIS and SPICE. 

Regards,

Tezz

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @rickwebb38

We don't use these HP bank pins, but if we connect 1V8 to one pin of each bank, will this power all HP bank pins?

> As per my knowledge, VCCO pins of each bank of FPGA device are independent of each other. So you need to connect power to all VCCO pins.

Check UG471 (v1.10) for more details.

Regards,

Bhushan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards,
Bhushan

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer rickwebb38
Observer

Jump to solution

Hi Bushan,

I understand that each bank has separate VCCO planes, but do the individual VCCO pins within a bank get connected together for that bank, or are the individual VCCO pins for each bank kept separate too?

Is there a mapping document that explains what pins are powered from what power pin?

Regards,

rickwebb38

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Rickwebb38,

-They are connected together. 

Is there a mapping document that explains what pins are powered from what power pin

-No, because see above answer. Also it's confidential. This is a reason why most if not all semiconductors provide IO models like IBIS and SPICE. 

Regards,

Tezz

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos