UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

MIG pin assignments

Jump to solution

Hi experts,

I'm designing a board with XC7K325TFFG900C-2, MIG will be used to generate interface to control a DDR3 SODIMM. The data width is 64 bits, and I'm going to connect it with bank 16, 17 and 18. In this way four byte groups (T0-3) will be connected with bank 16, all control signals are connected with bank 17 and the other four byte groups will be connected with bank 18.

I think different pin allocation in GUI will have different pin assignment, can I just connect all 44 signals of four byte group (e.g., DQ[31:0], DM[3:0] and DQS/S#[3:0]) with bank 16 randomly? I mean I will not use the pin assignment result from MIG, just connect them with bank 16. I'm sure the DQS signals will be routed differentially. As for complile in VIVADO, I'll update the ucf file accordingly, is this feasible?

I just listed two examples of MIG, I also found there was no specific requirement for pin assignment in MIG.

Thanks

Chris

MIG_pin_assignment.jpg
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: MIG pin assignments

Jump to solution

@shuo_shuo

You can refer UG586 deisgn guideliness section for MIG placment rules, you need to connect DM and DQS to respective bytes groups.

I would suggest you to modify the pin out as per your requirement, then go to MIG fixed pin out option and do read xdc and click validate, if there are any violations MIG reports them as errors and you can correct them accordingly else you are good to go.

Hope this helps

-Vanitha.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

@shuo_shuo

You can refer UG586 deisgn guideliness section for MIG placment rules, you need to connect DM and DQS to respective bytes groups.

I would suggest you to modify the pin out as per your requirement, then go to MIG fixed pin out option and do read xdc and click validate, if there are any violations MIG reports them as errors and you can correct them accordingly else you are good to go.

Hope this helps

-Vanitha.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Thanks. 

Yes, I can read xdc, I forgot that. I'll definitely connect DQS and DM to respective group. I guess it should be work, then it will be easier for my layout guy.

Regards.

Chris

0 Kudos