UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor narasa
Visitor

Need IBIS model for : XC6SLX45T-2FG484I

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have generic IBIS model for spartan 6 (spartan6.ibs)  family and package file : fg484_6slx45t_ibis.pkg.

gone through forum threads and can see how to generate IBIS model for XC6SLX45T-2FG484I  but dont have vivado to do the same.

It would be appreciated if someone can help to generate IBIS model from above file and post here.

Both generic IBIS and  .pkg files are attached.

Thank you...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Need IBIS model for : XC6SLX45T-2FG484I

Jump to solution

@narasa @johnvivm  First clarification: The device is Spartan-6 and so there is no support for it in Vivado. Only ISE support. 

This AR:https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/50957.html describes the generation of IBIS in ISE and Vivado. 

But to generate as you said..we need source code/design file, which i am not able to get it at the moment from FPGA team.and as i checked in xilinx forum, with above two files which i have attached, we can invoke .pkg file in to Spartan6.ibs  file and generate IBIS model for required pakage.

Since you don't have the design files, you can't generate from ISE. You only option is to manually include the package model in simulation using details from .pkg file since your device pinout will not match with the generic Spartan6 IBIS file you have. 

Since you mention you don't have the code yet, I assume you are doing pre-layout sims or initial study. So why not start off with the generic IBIS model by picking the IO standard to get a base cut idea and then as your design develops, get the more detailed package included IBIS model from ISE that matches your code?

- Giri
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's no such thing as a stupid question. Feel free to ask but do a quick search to make sure it ain't already answered.
Keep conversing, give Kudos and Accept Solution when you get one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tags (1)
4 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @narasa,

You can generate an IBIS file that contains a pin list and models that are unique to your design. IBIS is a device modeling standard that allows for the development of behavioral models used to describe the signal behavior of device I/Os, while preserving proprietary circuit information.

Please go through the steps mentioned in the below link to generate an IBIS model.

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx11/pp_p_process_generate_ibis_model.htm

Regards, 

Naveen

Voyager
Voyager

Jump to solution

@nmanitri ,

That is for ISE v11 isn't it?

Is there a way to do that in the latest Vivado?

0 Kudos
Visitor narasa
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi Naveen,

Thank you for reply..

But to generate as you said..we need source code/design file, which i am not able to get it at the moment from FPGA team.

and as i checked in xilinx forum, with above two files which i have attached, we can invoke .pkg file in to Spartan6.ibs  file and generate IBIS model for required pakage.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@narasa @johnvivm  First clarification: The device is Spartan-6 and so there is no support for it in Vivado. Only ISE support. 

This AR:https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/50957.html describes the generation of IBIS in ISE and Vivado. 

But to generate as you said..we need source code/design file, which i am not able to get it at the moment from FPGA team.and as i checked in xilinx forum, with above two files which i have attached, we can invoke .pkg file in to Spartan6.ibs  file and generate IBIS model for required pakage.

Since you don't have the design files, you can't generate from ISE. You only option is to manually include the package model in simulation using details from .pkg file since your device pinout will not match with the generic Spartan6 IBIS file you have. 

Since you mention you don't have the code yet, I assume you are doing pre-layout sims or initial study. So why not start off with the generic IBIS model by picking the IO standard to get a base cut idea and then as your design develops, get the more detailed package included IBIS model from ISE that matches your code?

- Giri
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's no such thing as a stupid question. Feel free to ask but do a quick search to make sure it ain't already answered.
Keep conversing, give Kudos and Accept Solution when you get one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tags (1)