UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer jheison.mejia
Observer

PCIe x2 Kintex7 Pins

Hi everyone,

I have a KC705 Evaluation Platform and I want to test the PCIe x2 comunnication. Could I connect for example in my KC705 the RX1, RX6, TX3, TX5 and the CLK (all pins P and N) in any order to a comunnication x2 with other PCIe x2 connector?

Or I need a sequence RX1, RX2, TX1, TX2. Which are the advantages and disavantages using a different sequence?

Thanks and regards.

Eng. Jheison Mejía

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: PCIe x2 Kintex7 Pins

I am confused by your post because PCIe general comes in 1x, 4x and 8x  lane widths.  The 2x lane width is allowed, but not implemented in real world design.

The KC705 is a fixed implementation with specific GTX locations to PCIe lane connections.  Your design must conform these locations or it will not work.

------Have you tried typing your question into Google? If not you should before posting.
Too many results? Try adding site:www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Observer jheison.mejia
Observer

Re: PCIe x2 Kintex7 Pins

Hi mcgett,

Thanks for you answer. I can to use in the "7 Series Integrated Block for PCI Express" a Lane Width X2 because I need to connect a DSP 6670 that supports a single bi-directional link interface with a maximum of two lanes width (X2).

My question is the KC705 have a PCIE_RXn_P and N with n between 0 and 7. ¿Could I connect the RX0, RX5, TX2 and TX5 with my two DSP lanes TX1, TX2, RX1 and RX2, changing in planahead the respectiblity pins for my FPGA? or I need connect RX0, RX1, TX0 and TX1.

Thanks again,

0 Kudos